Old September 22nd 09, 04:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Ivor Jones[_3_] Ivor Jones[_3_] is offline

Default Vista, Win 7

On 21/09/09 17:22, Bill Horne wrote:

[snip]

If you go that route, it's easiest to start with XP, install Vista, and
then put Linux in last. Don't forget to plan your disk usage in advance:
XP and Vista can share the same "data" drive, but remember that Linux is
only able to _read_ from NTFS partitions, so you might want to choose
FAT32 for drives that will be shared between Windows and Linux.

HTH.

73,

Bill W1AC
(Filter QRM for direct replies)

That's strange, I seem to be able to read/write to all the NTFS disks on
my system from within Linux. I have Linux on a separate HDD on my main
desktop machine and there are also 3 NAS drives on the network, all are
accessible from both my Linux machines.

73 Ivor G6URP