Old October 14th 09, 09:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Steve Bonine Steve Bonine is offline

Default What's your station?

Mike Coslo wrote:

It tunes all the bands from 80 to 10 - past 20 meters it is very broad
tuning. I've tuned it on 160 meters, but not had the intestinal
fortitude to operate it there. Probably would work after a fashion,
just not very well.

I love ladder-fed dipoles. They're dead simple, make the best use of
whatever space you have, and work remarkably well. I had especially
good luck with them when I used to work Field Day.

And yes, you can use them on 160. Not the greatest antenna, but I don't
work 160 enough to justify a separate antenna and "good enough" is fine.

73, Steve KB9X