Old October 15th 09, 02:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Howard Lester[_2_] Howard Lester[_2_] is offline

Default What's your station?

"Mike Coslo" wrote

Hi Howard,

Right around 50 feet high.
It's almost straight, with just enough droop to keep it in one piece
when the winds blow. I do work 75 and 80 meters with it, actually much
better than I had expected.

Thanks Mike - sounds good and encouraging. I need to get one of those push
up fiberglass poles -- either the 43' or 31' version -- to support the other
end of one version of a proposed 90' dipole. Maybe I'll do that next spring.
In the meantime I'm going to try a random wire (about 100' long) with the
far end thrown over as high a branch as I can reach... or find someone with
a bow and arrow to do it. For 80 and 40 it'll complement my little MFJ Hi-Q
Loop I use for 10 - 30 meters. The rig's an IC-735 and an AEA Transmatch.
I'm almost ready to assemble the station now that I've moved back to 2-land.

Howard N7SO