Old October 21st 09, 08:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bert Hyman Bert Hyman is offline

Default FCC Daily Digest 10/20/2009

In Richard
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 07:31:47 EDT, wrote:

Released: 10/20/2009. AMATEUR SERVICE COMMUNICATIONS DURING
GOVERNMENT DISASTER DRILLS. (DA No. 09-2259). WTB
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-09-2259A1.doc
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-09-2259A1.pdf
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-09-2259A1.txt

For our local ARES/RACES group, this is going to complicate our drill
planning. Our RACES Radio Officer is employed by the County Emergency
Management Dept. More red tape.

Does this bear on your situation?

The FCC.s Report and Order, FCC 06-149, 21 FCC Rcd.11643,
released October 10, 2006, clarifies the rules for employees by
stating that ˇ°Section 97.113 does not prohibit amateur radio
operators who are emergency personnel engaged in disaster relief
from using the amateur service bands while on paid duty status.
These individuals are not receiving compensation for
transmitting amateur service communications; rather, they are
receiving compensation for services related to their disaster
relief duties and in their capacities as emergency personnel.ˇ±

http://www.arrl.org/news/files/ARRL_...Guidelines.pdf

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN