Old April 16th 04, 03:23 AM
Charles W. Johnson Jr.

"Watson A.Name "Watt Sun - the Dark Remover"" wrote
in message ...
Charles W. Johnson Jr. wrote:

[snip]

While I'm all for using more renewable resources, and especially
ones that are environmentally friendly, it doesn't make sense to
cause yourself financial pain doing so. It makes sense to buy the
must fuel efficient vehicle that fits your needs but not to overspend
simply because it's a little better on the gas mileage.

It's not a "little" better, it more than double - 50+ MPG compared to

25!

[snip]

Surprisingly enough some SUV owners actually need the SUV at the time of
purchase, I personally drove through snow 70cm deep on a regular basis

prior
to my recent job change. Just because the people in southern California
don't need it doesn't mean no one does.

Charles

Surprisingly enough, many of those people who bought a big Ford
Expedition or GM Yukon could have got by with a lot smaller, and hence a
lot more economical SUV. ALso, there are vans, too, with a much better
gas mileage. Surprisingly enough, it's not about whether or not it's a
SUV or a truck or whatever, it's whether or not it's a gas guzzler.

A van with 4X4 or allwheel drive and ground clearance is an SUV.
Gas mileage becomes secondary if every time you try to move you get stuck.
The small SUV hold a family of 5 uncomfortably the larger hold a family of
seven, mom, dad, grandma and grandpa + 2 or more kids comfortably plus will
pull that 30'+ mobile home they camp in. Again not everyone lives in
Southern California where you can't do anything fun least you violate some
environmentalists dream.

Personally I bought the smallest vehicle I felt could do the job I needed it
to. That turned out to be a V6 that get about 25mpg highway.

Charles