Old December 7th 09, 04:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info
ARRL NE Section ARRL NE Section is offline

Default K0NEB Joins CQ Magazine as Contributing Editor

Well, good news and bad news -- the good news first. I want to let you
know that I completed my graduate program at UNL successfully. It's
been a dream of mine for nearly 4 decades to finish my doctorate. So
you may now refer to me as Dr. KØAIZ. However, I prefer Art. The bad
news is that I've run out of the "I'm busy with school" excuse. The
six weeks of September/October I spent in California dealing with the
illness and death of my mother took its toll on trying to complete the
degree. So the time since her passing has consisted of 15 to 20 hour
days trying to catch up on finishing a dissertation and preparing for a
final defense oral exam. I hope I didn't cause too much consternation
while I was distracted.

At the top of my "I really needed to" list is one of the more
pleasurable things I put off. That is to recognize the dedication,
talent, and insight offered by one of our own. Joe Eisenberg, KØNEB,
is well known as a ham, an expert in kit building, and a photographer.
He has given many presentations on kit building and the technical
aspects of ham radio in venues ranging from club meetings to
conventions. His enthusiasm is unmatched and the skill he brings to
his endeavors is phenomenal.

CQ magazine noticed that, too. I am very pleased to acknowledge that
Joe is now a contributing editor for the magazine. He is writing a
column called "Kit Building" for each issue. I think you will find his
columns interesting and well worth the time to read. I've been
building electronics almost since Marconi twisted two wires together
(or at least I feel that way sometime) and I find things to learn from
Joe.

Congratulations, Joe. You are an asset to the Section, a great
contributor to the hobby, and a wonderful friend to have.

I'll be playing more catch-up soon. Until then, enjoy winter, the
hobby, and your family.

73,
Art KØAIZ

ARRL Nebraska Section
Section Manager: Arthur I. Zygielbaum, K0AIZ