Old January 12th 10, 06:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.info
ARRL NE Section ARRL NE Section is offline

Default Flashing Light Bill Amendment Introduced (Nebraska)

Several Emergency Coordinators and others involved in emergency
communications in Nebraska raised concern last year about a new law that
prohibited the use of flashing lights on storm-spotter's vehicles. Many
felt that the flashing lights protected spotters parked in isolated
areas where occasional high speed traffic presented a danger.

I am pleased to report, thanks to J.R. Reider, K0JWR, that a bill was
introduced by Senator Bill Avery (District 28) to amend the law and
allow use of flashing amber lights by storm-spotters. The bill is LB
719. You download the pdf file of the bill at:
http://nebraskalegislature.gov/Floor...ntro/LB719.pdf

Pat Gerdes, KA0SGL, along with other Emergency Managers took the
initiative to make this happen.

Please take a moment and send an email or letter to your State
Legislator in support of this bill. Showing support in this manner not
only helps the bill, but it keeps our Legislators aware of all the hams
who volunteer at their own risk to protect our communities.

Thanks and 73,
Art K0AIZ

ARRL Nebraska Section
Section Manager: Arthur I. Zygielbaum, K0AIZ