Old January 22nd 10, 05:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Beachbum Beachbum is offline

Default operating mode?

At the risk of exposing my newbness...

I am considering a tech license and note references to "permission"
levels for various bands, as well as indications of certain operating
modes for particular freqs/bands (I have not bought a manual yet, still
trying to determine what level of total investment will be necessary for
my desired use). Based on admittedly cursory review thusfar, it appears
voice comms have limited availability for a tech ticket. IF that is the
case, my primary interest is in emergency voice comms during regional
events...will I need to upgrade to a general license for effective use?

TIA