Old January 23rd 10, 06:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Jeffrey D Angus[_2_] Jeffrey D Angus[_2_] is offline

Default Antennas and CCRS

wrote:
It seems to me that if the rules allow a flagpole, birdhouse,
plant trellis, etc., but not antennas, then what's wrong if
one of those things has a dual function?

And that's my point.

A friend of mine, while living in an apartment, unrolled aluminum
foil in a double folded dipole and thumbtacked it to his ceiling.

And while living in Culver City, after they introduced a limit to
the number of external antennas (rather broadly worded) We just
moved some of the fixed point to point antennas inside the attic.

Interestingly enough, in the original article in QST, when asked
"What are the wires going to the birdhouse for?" He answered. "It's
for a weather station."

Hrmmm, obviously knew the "I have an antenna in violatioin of the
rules" was the wrong answer.

Jeff

--
“Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.”
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954

http://www.stay-connect.com