Old January 24th 10, 01:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
D. Stussy[_2_] D. Stussy[_2_] is offline

Default Antennas and CCRS

"Jeffrey D Angus" wrote in message
Patty Winter wrote:
Jeffrey D Angus wrote:
Hrmmm, obviously knew the "I have an antenna in violation
of the rules" was the wrong answer.

But *is* it a violation? If the HOA people considered it a
birdhouse, and if tall birdhouses are allowed, then maybe
he didn't violate the CCRs. Or at least only in spirit, but
not according to the letter of the CCRs.

I'd wager that the CCRs didn't specifically say, "No outside
antennas with the exception of those that look like bird
houses."

My point is, what part of no outside antennas permitted don't
people understand?

I live in a CC&R'ed community, but the CC&Rs were written with an escape
clause which I executed back in 1990. However, none of my neighbors have
ever challenged my property's status despite my 15 antennas (of which 3 are
covered by FCC rulings and state law for TV and satellite reception).
However, I did work out placement with them - but it didn't affect any of
their "city views."

To Jeff: What part of "unenforced CC&Rs" don't people understand? Failing
to complain eventually estops an action when too much time has passed.