Old January 25th 10, 12:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Howard Lester[_2_] Howard Lester[_2_] is offline

Default Antennas and CCRS

"Steve Bonine" wrote

From the perspective of a property owner, restrictions generally do
preserve property values. From your perspective as a ham, they are
horrible things that prevent you from exercising your rights and enjoying
your hobby. Both contingents can mount persuasive arguments to support
their opinion.

Hams must be careful to realize that earning an amateur radio license and
the ability to operate a radio station is a privilege, not a right. There
are plenty of other examples in life that are analogous, such has having a
driver license. There is, however, that famous clause in the Constitution
regarding "the pursuit of happiness." But moving right along....

I was fortunate to be able to erect some kind of antenna in the two CCR
developments I lived in in southern AZ over the course of 23 years, even
though the "anti-antenna" statement was in the CCR books. No one ever said
'boo' about my antennas. But, then, my neighbors liked me. And, I never
asked permission. And I always used my electric clothes dryer.

Howard