Old January 25th 10, 07:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Patty Winter Patty Winter is offline

Default Antennas and CCRS

In article ,
Rockinghorse Winner wrote:

[unneeded text deleted]

Or load up your rain gutters.

Guess it's time to mention the "awntenna" again. :-)

http://www.wintertime.com/OH/73.jpg

The folks at "73" got diagrams 1a and 1b reversed, so take
that into account.

Here's a closeup of the indoor verted-vee ("rabbit ears")
backup antenna mentioned in the article:

http://www.wintertime.com/OH/sebastian.jpg

That article was written 24 years ago (yikes!), so I'm sorry
to say that Sebastian is no longer with us. I have a cat now,
but her ears are way too short for HF.

I ended up working around, I think, 130 countries before I
decommissioned the antenna.

Patty