Old January 25th 10, 01:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] N2EY@AOL.COM is offline

Default Antennas and CCRS

On Jan 24, 8:10�pm, "Michael J. Coslo" wrote:

A person who lives in a place with an
HOA at some level wants to live there and is accepting of that fact.

Maybe.

Or maybe they don't have much choice.

Real estate is different from other things in that it's not portable.
Plus you can only buy what people want to sell.

What I mean is that if your job is at X and your spouse's job is at Y
and the decent schools are at Z, there's a practical limit on where you
can live and not spend your entire life commuting. On top of that, most
people have definite money and time limitations.

The result is that, in at least some cases, there aren't so many
options to buy a non-restricted place. Particularly when there's atime
limit.

One of the other less pretty aspects of human nature is that
there are
people who either want to mess with the HOA, or want it, but want
special privileges. I would personally find it a little odd that a
person who is accepting of such intense outside control
would under
normal circumstances both live in such a place,
and simultaneously
want to put up a AR antenna.

There's also the case of the person who was not informed of the rules
and limitations.

Some years back I considered moving, and looked at a number of homes in
my area. All of them had nice fact sheets and disclosure sheets to look
at and take away. None of them - absolutely none - mentioned an HOA,
CC&Rs, etc. Most of them had some CC&Rs, but the unsuspecting homebuyer
wouldn't know that until closing - if then. When your old house is sold
and your stuff is on the truck and you're at the closing, it's just too
late.

Some might say "do your research first!" and that's good advice. But
back when I was looking, the RE market was so hot around here that a
house would go on sale at noon and have three no-contingency offers,
often at or above the asking price, before the sun went down.

73 de Jim, N2EY