Old January 25th 10, 01:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] N2EY@AOL.COM is offline

Default Antennas and CCRS

On Jan 25, 12:39�am, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:

I'm not going to argue from a constitutional perspective. A
contract is a contract.

But people renegotiate contracts all the time. Athletes are one
example. Divorce is another - people make a contract "until death do us
part" with no escape clause, but then they split up and negotiate who
gets what.

Somebody mentioned racial CC&Rs - those were contracts when written,
but they are unenforceable now. I suspect that CC&Rs restricting people
of certain ethnicities, religions, occupations or political views would
be unenforceable too.

There's a case I read of where grandparents living in an "over 55"
community are being told they have to either move out or send their
grandchild away, because the grandchild is too young. They are the
legal guardians because their child is unable to care for the
grandchild and the other parent is gone. Isn't that age discrimination?

There's also the "contract of adhesion" idea, a legal term for one side
holding all the cards.

btw, there's an organization specifically about clothesline
prohibitions.

73 de Jim, N2EY