Old January 25th 10, 08:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dick Grady AC7EL Dick Grady AC7EL is offline

Default Antennas and CCRS

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 00:38:29 EST, Rockinghorse Winner
wrote:

Jeffrey D Angus writes:
Sooner or later, the homeowner associations are going to
catch on about bird houses, flag poles and the like and
just simply write into the rules, "No transmitting or
receiving equipment."

And we'll have brought it on ourselves by constantly showing
our inability to follow the rules.

Well, if they did that, everyone would have to throw out their
microwave, router, cell phone, radios, garage door opener, car remote,
tv and computer, which, I doubt they would be willing to do!

The average non-technical person has no idea how microwaves, cell
phones, door openers and car remotes work. I have mentioned to several
people that these things use radio, and they were amazed. At highway
construction projects where they are blasting, the signs say "Turn off
all two-way radios and cell phones." because people don't realize that
cellphones are radios.

Dick, AC7EL