Old January 28th 10, 01:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
D. Stussy[_2_] D. Stussy[_2_] is offline

Default Antennas and CCRS

"Jeffrey D Angus" wrote in message
I don't think the problem was that you were excessively choosy;

You had the resources and patience to go through all that.

When I decided to move out of the Los Angeles area, My wife and I
spent almost 6 months looking for property online. We had a basic
set of "conditions" to meet (as it were).

I fly out here in June last year to look at the properties and
when I got home told my wife, "I think I just bought the farm."

How many of us first discovered amateur radio, or found our first
Elmer, by seeing his/her antenna(s)?

Slight topic drift, but in my case it was because my dad worked
for North American Aviation. He took me to the employee recreation
park and I wandered into the Amateur Radio Club station. W6UUI.
End of story, I was "ruined".

Hey Jeff: I thought it was when you stuck the all-metal table knife into
the live electrical outlet as a child that did it.