Old February 7th 10, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
George Csahanin[_3_] George Csahanin[_3_] is offline

Default Antennas and CCRS

Not really. The community will reach a point where it looks like it is. The
restrictions try to artificially modify the appearance. I have general
dislike for real estate people. I've dealt with enough personally and
professionally and have found very few who really get it. Rednecks will have
dogs...and pickup trucks. Don't want to deal with those, buy elsewhere. But
after moving in, don't force them to get rid of the trucks. (This one I
speak from experience...7 long years of listening to these hounds...they
finally moved out and that home now has a Mercedes and no dogs)

As far as preserving value, that should be fairly easy, if everyone involved
is reasonable. It gets bad when you have the one idiot that wants to raise
livestock on a 6000 sq ft lot. But the community can take care of that
without restrictions. I keep my property nice, because I want to. I
absolutely HATE a gun at my head regarding it. Its a Texas thing...

And adding to the general angst is where some individuals were conned into
thinking the house is their pension plan. No, its a place to live, and don't
expect a 25% gain every year, as the real estate agent told you it would.

I guess my, and others perspectives would be different if there were some
areas built out without the absolute ban on antennas, specifically. But
these people writing the restrictions seem to have a font of boilerplate
that is bad.

And why is it recently that it has become so bad? To my view, homes built
pre-1980 or so are easier on the restrictions. All of the "new" construction
is where it is severe. And in an area like Austin Texas the construction has
been intense over the past 15 years. (the saying goes...everytime they raise
taxes in California a new subdivision is built here)

Take care.

GeorgeC
W2DB

"Steve Bonine" wrote in message
George Csahanin wrote:

The pea brained real estate sales people somehow
think they're [CCRs] good and preserve property value.

From the perspective of a property owner, restrictions generally do
preserve property values. From your perspective as a ham, they are
horrible things that prevent you from exercising your rights and enjoying
your hobby. Both contingents can mount persuasive arguments to support
their opinion.