Old February 14th 10, 05:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Howard Lester[_2_] Howard Lester[_2_] is offline

Default More CC&R stuff

"Jeffrey Angus" wrote

People tend to go sideways about cell phone towers within sight of a
school
yard. That's a LOT less radiated power than 100 watts under your feet.

.....But at a *much* lower frequency. Or doesn't that matter? Anyway, there
are guidelines, for hams, with regard to ERP and required distance. No
responsible ham would transmit 100 watts physically nearby on any frequency.
I made sure I included the adjective "responsible."

Once again, we don't know what is in that fellow's contract. In one place I
lived it said "no antennas without permission," and that was before the FCC
mandate to allow tv antennas and small satellite dishes. As I wrote once
before, I didn't ask, I erected an antenna, and no one ever complained.