Old February 25th 10, 12:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Jeffrey Angus Jeffrey Angus is offline

Default Feb 22 2010 US License Numbers - What's Happened in 3 Years?

On 2/24/2010 7:06 AM, wrote:
Another purpose is to see how true various predictions have
turned out to be. It turns out that predictions of rapid
growth and rapid decline were both untrue.

Which pretty means that all the frantic arm waving and cries
of the utter destruction of Amateur Radio due to the no code
changes in the licensing were unwarranted.

The earlier growth of Amateur Radio was due to the "ow wow"
factor when it was new, and then the "we can't let THEM win"
factor during the Cold War.

The current growth is due to "good publicity" concerning the
role Amateur Radio has in emergencies.

As long as we don't come across as a bunch of buffoons or
cranky old men, we should continue to grow.

Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi