Old March 8th 10, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Michael J. Coslo Michael J. Coslo is offline

Default Feb 22 2010 US License Numbers - What's Happened in 3 Years?

If I might be a little contrary here (only a little)

I would have to say that I really prefer what we are having now, a
slow growth, as compared to some sort of tracking of general
population growth with ours.

We have some pretty finite operation bandwidth, and if we had a huge
number of people trying to operate, it would be pretty bad.

At least for my setup, I turn on the radio and there are a lot of Hams
operating. The only empty places are the higher frequencies which are
only slowly coming back, and even 80/75 has local traffic during the
day. 40 and 20 are pretty wall to wall, and 30 and 15 are busy enough
to keep an Op happy.

If we had a lot more Hams getting on the air, it would be worse than
contest weekends. We've done fairly good in getting more frequencies
to operate on, 60 meters was a mixed success, and 40 opening up a bit
is nice. I don't know that there will be much more room to spread out
though.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -