Old March 14th 10, 02:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Jeffrey D Angus[_2_] Jeffrey D Angus[_2_] is offline

Default operating mode?

Beachbum wrote:
Well, that was simple enough. EARCHI had a testing session this AM, and

I passed! I've been listening in to a couple of the local repeater nets

,
getting a feel for local practices and personalities. Now comes decisio

time...Yaesu or Icom? I'm leaning to the Icom dual band HT's right now.

Congratulations.

For the home portable/base, would a mag mount on the corrugated metal
carport roof work pretty well (vs. rooftop mag on the car)?

Put a cookie tin under the mag mount on the roof, it will stabilize
things.

Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

--
“Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.”
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954

http://www.stay-connect.com