Old March 20th 10, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy
John from Detroit John from Detroit is offline

Default Nebraska LB719 "Indefinitely Postponed" (was LB719 Hearing)

Jeffrey D Angus wrote:
ARRL NE Section wrote:
Among the Committee's concerns were how voluntary declarations
of "weatherspotter" could be determined and enforced under the
language of the bill.

That's entirely understandable.

There are two basic kinds of people that put flashing lights
etc. on their vehicles.

1. People that understand the need for visibility to avoid an
an accident.

2. Those that use any excuse possible to maintain a vehicle
that can be confused with a public safety vehicle.

It's the people in number 2 that give us a bad name.

Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

Generally yellow is for "Hazard" (tow trucks, Snow plows and other
vehicles that may be on the side of the road and it means "Don't run
into me" Red or Blue is what I would call "Public Safety"
(police/Fire/EMS) IN some states the use of rotating or flashing
lights is regulated by law.. Michigan (Where I'm from) is one such.

Now.. If I'm, for example, sitting on a traffic crash, the use of a
YELLOW "Kojack Light" is allowed.. However a co-worker of mine got
written up when he used one under those conditions.. He did not violate
the law.. but "Company" rules (I'm a retired police dispatcher.. He is
still a police dispatcher,, In fact he made supervisor after I retired)

However.. I drive a Lumina APV (if I get it working again) not many
vehicles are as "Visible" as a Lumina van or mini-van when in 4-way
flasher mode. Thus.. Though I have a "kojack Light" (I think)
somewhere.. 1: Not in car and 2: I don't actually know where it is.

I do carry a regulation set of D.O.T. Triangles however... AND the book
that tells me how to lay 'em out (What every commercial driver must
know, published, in my case, by the Michigan Secretary of State (DMV for
Michigan)) a very useful book.

I also drive a 38' motor home towing said Lumina on occasion.

--
John in Detroit E-Dress is smoked, Invalid equals NET.