Old April 17th 04, 03:04 AM
Michael Black

"Roger and Ute Brown" ) writes:
Don't be taken in by this challenge! Such equipment can only be seriously
utilized by pirate broadcasters near our 40 meter band. Operating this
equipment will be illegal and, as such, would serve no good purpose. Let
them figure it out by them selves!
Roger, KL7Q

That's fascinating.

I only sort of glanced at the original message, noticing it was
AM, but I was reading SPAT as SPRAT, and while I can't remember
what the latter stands for, I thought it was a ham QRP group.
From that perspective, the message almost seems misleading.
I wouldn't have entered, but I wouldn't have given a thought
to the post without your message.

Michael VE2BVW

R_QRP wrote in message
om...
You are all welcome to take part in SPAT Design Challenge for an
Amplitude-Modulated Basic QRP Shortwave Transmitter:
http://www.geocities.com/radio_qrp/spat.html
SPAT = Simplest Practical Amplitude-Modulated Transmitter for the 40
mb Short Wave band.
This has nothing to do with the infamous "Grenade" transmitter!!