Old April 7th 10, 05:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bill Horne, W1AC[_3_] Bill Horne, W1AC[_3_] is offline

Default NPR story cites growth in Amateur ranks

According to a recent story on National Public Radio (NPR), the
Internet generation is re-discovering an older communications
medium. Reporter Matt Sepic said "Nearly 700,000 Americans have ham
radio licenses, up 60 percent from 1981".

Here's the link:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...86&ft=1&f=1019

73,

W1AC

--
Bill Horne
(Filter QRM for direct replies)

"I've been up and down this highway, far as my eyes can see
No matter how fast I run, I can never seem to get away from me"
-- Jackson Browne