Old April 14th 10, 01:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Michael J. Coslo Michael J. Coslo is offline

Default generating morse code

On Apr 14, 2:46 am, "D. Stussy"
wrote:
"David Griffith" wrote in message

Does anyone here done something like sending ASCII to a microcontroller
which then emits morse code? I'm tinkering around with old telegraph
sounders.

Yes. I re-wrote the firmware in my Icom repeater, which included the I

section too.

Here's a webpage where a fellow has done something similar:

http://www.steampunkworkshop.com/

It's on the right hand side of the page, a link called "telegraph
sounder"

http://www.steampunkworkshop.com/telegraph.shtml

I'd note he should have used more and finer wire on his home made
sounder electromagnet. But technical issues aside, it's some gorgeous
handwork. Also he has a bit of software to convert a RSS feed to the
sounder, which is what you might be interested in.

I just think it's really cool to have a mix of 1840's technology
plugged into a computer.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -