Old April 17th 10, 02:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
John from Detroit John from Detroit is offline

Default What makes a real ham

N2EY wrote:

The story is a Professor had a bright idea.. How to make analog devices
(Vacuum tubes) work in a DIGITAL fashion (Could this be the first
computer circuit... Yes, it was.. I told you you were looking at the end
result)

Who was the Professor and where was he?

I have no idea,, In fact it's been long enough I can't even tell you
where I read the story (May have been QST, may have been another Radio mag)

I do know it's been a long time since I read the story.

Speaking of QST, and Thread drift,, Did you see the article in the April
QST on Digital Antennas.

At least they were UP Front about it.

(If anyone wonders about that article... IT's the April edition)