Old April 27th 10, 02:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bruce in alaska Bruce in alaska is offline

Default Ratio of hams (was Wash DC ham numbers. What is wrong?)

In article ,
Patty Winter wrote:

In article ,
Dick Grady AC7EL wrote:

And rural areas tend to have a higher ratio of hams. A case in point
is Pahrump, NV, where I live. 35,000 population spread over a valley
10 miles wide by 20 miles long, in the middle of the desert. Most
housing lots are 1.25 acres with little or no CC&Rs. (*) The nearest
nearby towns are at least a half hour away. According to qrz.com,
there are 322 ham licenses (not counting the 4 club licenses) with
Pahrump in their address. That's a ratio of 1 to 109.

I remember when I visited Alaska years ago that there sure seemed
to be a lot of hams. I just ran the numbers for Fairbanks and it's
about 1 in 70. For Talkeetna, it's about 1 in 7.5.

Patty

in Excursion Inlet, Alaska, it is 4 to 1, Residents to Hams.. being as
both my wife and I are licensed.....

Bruce in Alaska AL7AQ

--
Bruce in alaska