Old June 6th 10, 12:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
John Davis John Davis is offline

Default Swords Into Plowshares

On 6/5/2010 7:15 PM, K6LHA wrote:

Slight correction. I'm playing with Microchip's PIC one-package
micros right now, using their free program editor-compiler. Got the
development hardware package because IC lead length spacings got too
small with modst SMDs. For many years AADE and Neil Heckt have been
making and selling their one-chip frequency counters up in the Puget
Sound area and many hams have installed those in older receivers and
transceivers. Neil has a great little workshop instrument in his L/C
meter also using a PIC chip.

Not really a correction Len.. We are speaking of two different places on
the development train.. You are starting with ready made hardware and
developing applications or products from that hardware.

I'm talking aout making new hardware.