Old June 12th 10, 10:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Jeffrey Angus Jeffrey Angus is offline

Default Part 97.1 Was Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1713 - June11 2010

On 6/11/2010 9:40 PM, Paul W. Schleck wrote:
I found it in the FCC's Electronic Comment Filing System (ECFS):

Thank you Paul.

I'm kind of at a loss to see what his point was.

Part of it feels like this:
"Everything that can be invented has been invented."

Charles Duell, Commissioner of US Patent Office, 1899 ;-)

And part of this feels like a kind of end run to include
Morse code as part of the basis and purpose of the ARS.

Personally, I think it's the latter.

"through preservation of the history of the radio art"

I think the FCC did the right thing.

Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi