Old June 28th 10, 06:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
John Davis John Davis is offline

Default Are the bands completely dead?

On 6/27/2010 6:37 PM, wrote:
I operated Field Day from opening until around midnight EDST Saturday.
Did not operate at all Sunday due to family obligations.

Now, a few minutes before the end of FD, I tuned around 80, 40, 20,
15, and 10 -- NOTHING. One CW station on the low end of 40 and
possibly a couple of South Americans on 20 SSB.

Are the bands that dead?

I did not sit down at the radio till 1pm eastern time (1700 GMT) and
worked 13 stations in that last hour.

Could have worked many more but I'm entirely solo, Paper logging, since
my "Shack" computer is on the fritz.