Old July 9th 10, 02:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
John Davis John Davis is offline

Default Are the bands completely dead?

On 7/8/2010 11:43 PM, wrote:
wrote:
Now, a few minutes before the end of FD, I tuned around 80, 40, 20,
15, and 10 -- NOTHING. One CW station on the low end of 40 and
possibly a couple of South Americans on 20 SSB.

Are the bands that dead?

I would suggest the last three hours of Field Day -- 1800-2100z Sunday
afternoon -- are probably the worst possible time to find HF activity...

Stations can only operate during those last three hours if they didn't
begin setup until 1800z Saturday.

Not entierly true.. You are allowed 24 hours if you set up early

Most folks that's 1800-1800 but if you do not key down till 1900, you
can go to 1900

I only worked 1700-1800 with my 1-D station. Plenty busy.