Old October 8th 10, 08:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Can a repeater be partially keyed on?

In article ,
Dick Grady AC7EL wrote:

But even stranger, whenever Andy
transmitted, the repeater's output power, as indicated on my S meter,
was significantly lower than when anyone else was on. We questioned
Andy whether he was on simplex (simplex transmission is possible
between the valleys, or more correctly parts of the valleys), but Andy
assured us that he was duplex. And everyone else heard Andy the same.

Dick-

Your comment on the S meter reading suggests a second repeater on the
same frequency.

Otherwise, I've learned one thing after many years in Ham Radio: Most
people will not give a critical report, regardless of how bad a signal
sounds!

Fred
K4DII