Old November 10th 10, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
John from Detroit John from Detroit is offline

Default FCC Daily Digest 11/09/2010

On 11/9/2010 3:13 PM, Howard Lester wrote:
wrote

+ MARK S. WINTERSOLE. Denied the petition for reconsideration. Action
+ by: Deputy Chief, Mobility Division, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau
+ by LETTER. (DA No. 10-2161). WTB
+ http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-10-2161A1.doc
+ http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-10-2161A1.pdf
+ http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-10-2161A1.txt

This is great. The fellow was one day early, in a 2-year period,
applying for a cancelled vanity call sign. It reminds me of my 9th grade
homeroom teacher who admonished a classmate for being late. Under what
grounds? (As Dave Barry would say, "I am not making this up"): The bell
rang while the fellow had one foot inside the door... and one foot outside.

"You have... ONE foot in, and ONE foot out: you are TARDY!" declared Mr.
Rose.

Howard N7SO

You are supposed to be IN YOUR SEAT when the bell rings. However.. I do
agree with you the question that applies to Mr. Rose is "Do you spell
Anal-Retentive with a hyphen?"