Old November 10th 10, 08:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Howard Lester[_2_] Howard Lester[_2_] is offline

Default FCC Daily Digest 11/09/2010

"John from Detroit" wrote

"You have... ONE foot in, and ONE foot out: you are TARDY!" declared Mr.
Rose.

Howard N7SO

You are supposed to be IN YOUR SEAT when the bell rings. However.. I do
agree with you the question that applies to Mr. Rose is "Do you spell
Anal-Retentive with a hyphen?"

:-) He was something else. But, he was a good teacher for those who could
accept direction. I had made an appointment for one morning at a specific
time with an English teacher and *told* Mr. Rose, "I need to go see Mrs. so
and so...." He quickly shot back, "You don't need to go anywhere! You sit
down!" (This is 9th grade.) I sat down, fumed a little, and then I got it.
I went back to Mr. Rose and *asked* "May I go see Mrs. so-and-so..?" Yes,
you may....