Old November 17th 10, 10:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bert Hyman Bert Hyman is offline

Default HF interference from WiFi router

My Actiontec GT701-WG router pretty much obliterates the 17m band when its
radio is active. It's probably causing some interference on other bands,
but 17m is pretty much useless when it's active. Changing the router's WiFi
channel has no effect on the noise.

Since the PC in the shack is hard-wired, I can disable the router's radio
if I need to, but I'd rather fix the problem.

Anybody ever encountered a problem like this and fixed it? I could switch
to another compatible brand of router if I knew that it was trouble free.

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN