Old December 13th 10, 08:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default steel telegraph key bases

In article ,
jerry wrote:

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 03:58:12 -0500, David Griffith wrote:

Where can I get a steel base plate for a Speed-X telegraph key? The
aluminum one is too light.

I've got a marble key base. Nice and heavy. Go to a trophy shop and ask
if you can buy an undrilled marble base. Then you'll have to get a small
masonry bit (and a drill press really helps too). Or maybe the trophy
shop will be able to work a deal for the custom drilling too.

Jerry-

That sounds like a good stable base. Some felt glued to the bottom
would protect the finish on your desk. Stick-on furniture pads might
also work.

Make sure the base extends beneath the knob on the key. I think that
may be as important as mass.

Fred
K4DII