Old February 18th 11, 12:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy,oma.general,nebr.misc,rec.radio.info
ARRL Members Only Web site ARRL Members Only Web site is offline

Default LB573 Hearing (was LB573 - Rotating Amber Light Bill Hearing (was Legislative Update (was LB719 Hearing (was Flashing Light Bill Amendment Introduced (Nebraska)))))

The hearing on LB573, the Amber Flashing Lights for Storm Spotters Bill,
was held this afternoon (Wednesday, February 16th) before the
Transportation and Telecommunications Committee of the Nebraska
Legislature. Three people testified in favor of the Bill and no one
testified opposed.

Pat Gerdes, representing the Nebraska Association of Emergency
Managers, gave very positive comments about hams and our support of
emergency and public service activities. There was a representative
from the Nebraska Association of County Officials (unfortunately, I did
not get his name) who was also was very supportive. I testified as an
individual in favor of the Bill.

The Senators posed many questions about how hams were deployed, how
amber lights helped to protect them, as well as about issues of
identification, training and certification.

The committee went into executive session after they received
testimony. As soon as I hear anything more, I will send out an email.

73, Art KØAIZ

ARRL Nebraska Section
Section Manager: Arthur I Zygielbaum, K0AIZ