Old April 17th 04, 03:17 PM
Paul_Morphy

"Dick" wrote in message

Particularly interested in knowing where HP mounted the ink
reservoir, was it on the moving carriage that carried the pen or is it
on the fixed body of the recorder ? Maybe someone has had experience of
using this equipment and can describe the arrangement they saw when
refilling the ink reservoir. Or did HP use disposable ink cartridges ?

FWIW, the HP plotters I used to see used short drafting pens with built-in
reservoirs. You might find those on eBay. The problem is the mass of the
pen, but if you aren't charting fast-changing data that may not be serious.
This eBay auction has a drawing of the pen I'm referring to:
http://tinyurl.com/yuxwq

73,

"PM"