Old March 25th 11, 07:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
John from Detroit John from Detroit is offline

Default FCC Daily Digest 03/16/2011

On 3/18/2011 9:22 PM, Bill Horne wrote:

I'm confused: why does a spectrum auction at 700 MHz affects hams? I
didn't think we had a dog in that fight.

The ARRL site has good info on this poorly worded bill.

The issue is that the original plan was to give 700 MHZ to businesses,
but now they want to take it and give it to Police, Fire, EMS types,
This will not produce any milk (Cash) so they have to find another cow
to milk for money..... And alas, we are it.