Old April 21st 11, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default Antenna tower hinge idea. Will this work

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:16:14 EDT, stryped wrote:

My idea is to make some sort of hinge so I could lower it over and
raise it. I know I mentioned it before but now seems to be the time I
need to do it. (My little boy is starting to find pieces of the
antenna in the yard.)

Unless you are a registered structural engineer and can calculate the
stresses and strengths of each part of your scheme - and stamp and
sign the plans - you are asking for lots of trouble, if not from the
local building department, certainly from your insurance company lest
anything happen.

Tower manufacturers make fold-over devices, some powered. Better off
you buy one, install it per their specs, and sleep nights.

-- 73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
ARRL Volunteer Counsel
ARRL Volunteer Consulting Engineer

email: k2asp [at] arrl [dot] net