Old May 13th 11, 02:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy,oma.general,nebr.misc,rec.radio.info
ARRL Members Only Web site ARRL Members Only Web site is offline

Default LB 573 - Flashing Amber Lights for Storm Spotters - Passes Legislature

Jim Winney, KD6MXE, has been doing a nice job monitoring LB573, the bill
to authorize storm spotters to use flashing amber lights, as it
traversed the legislative process. Jim informs me that LB573 passed
the state senate this morning. It now awaits the governor's
signature.

If you would like to review the final language, here is the URL:

http://www.nebraskalegislature.gov/F...F/AM/AM344.pdf

The language is a bit different than what we had originally proposed,
but should satisfy the needs of the storm spotters and the emergency
managers who requested help getting the legislation.

73, Art KØAIZ

ARRL Nebraska Section
Section Manager: Arthur I Zygielbaum, K0AIZ