Old July 26th 11, 04:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal[_3_] Sal[_3_] is offline

Default Antenna Magic

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message

snip

I worked on something similar for the audiophile industry, when I
invented an ambience and presence meter.

I was a Navy tech at a base in the Philippines in the early 1960s. Late one
night (we were a 24-hour operation) with nothing much happening, one of the
operators was in my shop, goofing with an ohmmeter. He picked it up and
squeezed the leads, deflecting the needle some.

I don't know what possessed me but I told him to press the leads to his
temples. It deflected a bit more. I explained that he had less resistance
in his head than in his whole body, and declared him "smart" for that
reason. Well, he got the joke immediately and we laughed about it.
However, it didn't stop him from parading a goodly number of the watch
section into my shop for Intelligence Testing. Oh, my!

"Sal"