Old August 1st 11, 07:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default Using speaker wire for a dipole

"Sal" wrote in :

I have two 20m dipoles hanging, one with a span line and one
free-hanging. They were both temporary ... last year.

Sal, there would be those who would chide you that such an antenna
obviously wasn't big enough... in the sense that "if it didn't blow down
last season, it wasn't big enough".

And we wonder why so many housing block have restictive covenants that are
not ham friendly. We might just have bought that on ourselves to some
extent.

Owen