Old August 1st 11, 09:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default J-pole question

"Sal" wrote in message ...

"Padraigh ProAmerica" wrote in message
Recently acquired a 50W 2 meter rig, and I'm wondering if using aJ-pole
made of 300-ohm twin lead as an emegency antenna would be feasable..or
would the rig be tuned for maximum smoke?

--
"The French have neither summer nor winter nor morals." -- Mark Twain

Search at google.com for twin lead j pole; twinlead jpole; jpole
twinlead; j pole twin-lead or some such combination. I found
approximately 137,000 search returns whichever way I tried it. You
didn't.

Afterward, search for the correct version of your insult against France.
It's misquoted.

To answer your question Pad,
Yes, 300 ohm feed line will do quite well for 2 meters at 50 watts IF it's
made correctly and you have a good match.

Kevin, WB5RUE

Quoted correctly or not it's still accurate.