Old August 2nd 11, 09:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave[_24_] Dave[_24_] is offline

Default Rawbolt size for standdoff bracketts + ali pole

"John Passaneau" wrote in message
On 8/1/2011 8:29 AM, Dave wrote:
Hello, I'm about to fix a 20 foot aluminium pole to a couple T+K
standoff brackets about 1.5meters apart and standoff about 16 inchs I'm
wondering what size of Rawbolts to use ?? I'm think 12mm ??? Oh yes on
the pole would be a 2/70cm co-liner and a 66ft longwire on a pulley no
great size or weight

Any advise links would be good !

Thanks

I think that 12mm will be just fine. I'm in the US and some of your
terminology is a bit obscure to me, in particular "rawbolts" and "T+K
standoff". But I'm bilingual, I speak inches and meters so bolts of that
size should hold that short of mast up just fine if the standoffs are up
to the task.

John W3JXP

Thanks John, You've already guessed I think that I'm in the UK where we seem
to mix up units of everything quite happily millimetres', inch's, pints,
litres, Km, miles

Anyway back on topic the T+K bracketts are just the shape T at the top and K
shape at the bottom. One thing I forgot to add was the wall type it's a
'breeze block' construction or cemet block I think that's a cinder block in
the US, and the wall has a filled cavity.

Dave G6ZKC