Old August 2nd 11, 05:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave[_24_] Dave[_24_] is offline

Default Rawbolt size for standdoff bracketts + ali pole

wrote in message ...
On 2 Aug,
"Dave" wrote:

Anyway back on topic the T+K bracketts are just the shape T at the top
and
K shape at the bottom. One thing I forgot to add was the wall type it's
'breeze block' construction or cemet block I think that's a cinder block
in
the US, and the wall has a filled cavity.

I used 10mm resin anchors for a similar installation into brick, they have
the advantage of being less likely to crack the brick as compared to
expanding/rawl bolts. Breeze block is a dubious material, depending on
it's
strength it may or may not be ok. If it is a dense concrete block you
should
be ok, but I'd recommend resin type anchors anyway. I got mine from
screwfix.
--
BD
Change lycos to yahoo to reply

Funnily enough I was just looking into chemical (resin) fixings - do you
have a link for the screwfix anchors you used ?

I have in the past used rawbolt's and indeed split the wall, well the ones
near the top, a low thump as I tightened them up. They seemed ok with no
problem afterwards with a 2m 10XY and a 88ele 70cm beams (this was my mum &
dads house!)

Dave