Old August 2nd 11, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal[_3_] Sal[_3_] is offline

Default Using speaker wire for a dipole

"Owen Duffy" wrote in message
"Sal" wrote in :

I have two 20m dipoles hanging, one with a span line and one
free-hanging. They were both temporary ... last year.

Sal, there would be those who would chide you that such an antenna
obviously wasn't big enough... in the sense that "if it didn't blow down
last season, it wasn't big enough".

LOL

And we wonder why so many housing block have restictive covenants that are
not ham friendly. We might just have bought that on ourselves to some
extent.

I'm in a 1960s neighborhood. If anybody bitches about
antennas (nothing, yet), I will invite their attention to the old-fashioned
utility poles & wires that decorate (?) the streets. A few blocks out and a
few years later, they undergrounded the utilities.

Sal