Old April 18th 04, 06:15 PM
Roger and Ute Brown

Mike:
The COAX isn't going to be a cause for your new rig to burn up - but a high
SWR might (although the rig should shut down first). The question was "will
it handle the power," and apparently it will. Assuming that and a well
matched rig/coax/antenna combination - you will have no problems.
Roger, KL7Q

MOPARMEDIC101 wrote in message
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this question, I'm getting ready

put new coax on my mobile system. I have 950 feet of Belden 9907 coax.

It's
50
Ohm, low loss ethernet coax. Can It handle 75 watts from my Icom IC

V-8000?
Or should I opt for standard Mini 8U coax? Thanks for the feedback.
Mike
KC8OIT