Old December 9th 03, 12:04 AM
Paul Burridge

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:32:52 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards"
wrote:

I can see from the way you have made your enquiry you havn't the foggiest
idea about what you are trying to accomplish. Do you know the frequency?
What transmitter power output do you have in mind - 10 milliwatts or 1KW?
For starters forget all about folding anything - you've been reading the
wrong books. However you now mention a short whip above a groundplane of
unknown construction.

Perhaps you didn't see the earlier posts on the subject. The frequency
is 40Mhz (radio control band) and the tx output stage as it stands
puts out maximum power of 475mW with a 140 ohm resistor as load. I
only *need* 50mW ERP., however, so can stand to see quite a bit of
loss from an inefficient antenna. The antenna I will be using is a
telescopic whip - exactly the same set-up as you see with model
vehicle radio control transmitters- which is what it is, in fact.
It ain't rocket science.
Someone out there must know the radiation resistance of such a
telescopic whip (which has a ground plane of just around 16 square
inches contained within the remote control handset) and the best way
to couple it to a PA with a 140 ohm output impedance?
--

"I expect history will be kind to me, since I intend to write it."
- Winston Churchill