Old April 18th 04, 07:46 PM
Lou

"Roger and Ute Brown" wrote in message
Mike:
The COAX isn't going to be a cause for your new rig to burn up - but a

high
SWR might (although the rig should shut down first). The question was

"will
it handle the power," and apparently it will. Assuming that and a well
matched rig/coax/antenna combination - you will have no problems.
Roger, KL7Q

The operative word above is "should". I can't tell you how many times I've
repaired rigs with bad RF Amps due to the shut down system not doing it's
job. I'm talking H.F., 2 meters, public service radios. Best to test with a
good SWR meter or some better equipment like a bird or some other. Do very
short key ups til you see where it is initially and take it from there. Just
a word of caution.

Lou